DESIGNED TO SECURE & PROTECT
Stronguard™ Interceptor – the ultimate defence against hostile attack.
Barriers of all types are used throughout the world to prevent intrusion into restricted areas or retain personnel or goods within restricted areas. At times personnel or goods must enter or leave the restricted areas, resulting in the requirement for at least part of the barrier to be moveable.
Hand built and manufactured under one roof, the Stronguard™ Interceptor is constructed from the highest quality materials. Workmanship is quality assured to ISO 9001, with the welding performed to EN287(BS4872). Developed by Barkers Engineering Limited, Stronguard Interceptor was crash tested in association with TRL (Transport Research Laboratory). The purpose of the test was to determine the stopping or restraining potential of the gate when impacted at 90 degrees by a 7.5 tonne twin axle vehicle travelling at 80km/h (50mph) it achieved the following classification.
PAS68:2007: V/7500 (N3) / 80 / 90: 0/0
The gate tested was a 4.5 metre clear vehicle access
“On impact the vehicle was immobilised by the system with no major parts of the vehicle penetrating past. The gate deformed, as designed, under the impact but remained intact such that no further vehicles could pass”
Stronguard™ Interceptor is much more that an access control system- the UK’s first surface mounted gate (SMG), which can be installed with foundations required for the fixing bolts of 500mm, meaning installation can be performed with the minimum of disruption to the surrounding areas and underground services.
• Counter balance gate system.
• Standard gate height 1300mm.
• Gates can be extended in height for added security and to satisfy individual requirements.
• Standard gate widths available – 3.5m, 4.0m, 4.5m, 5.0m, 5.5m.
• Non-standard widths are available on request.
• Gate leaf, 2 buttresses and rear ground beam for surface mounting.
• 8 polypropylene side rollers fully ball raced located inside main buttresses.
• 2 stainless steel main support roller and shaft all fully ball raced.
• 2 stainless steel rear roller assemblies fully ball raced complete with track cleaning brushes.
• Gate frame and posts fabricated from rolled steel hollow section and universal beam, rear ground beam fabricated from twin parallel fangled channels.
• Gate, rear ground track and posts all painted to individual requirements.
• All welding to EN287, (BS4872).
• All surface mounted.
• Speed can be set from 0.5m per second to 1.5m per second.
• Manual override facility fitted to motor in case of power cut.
• All electronics are weatherproofed to IP56.
The Stronguard™ Interceptor is fully manufactured in the UK, with instant access to expert advice and spare part availability. For the complete security solution, additional gate leaves can be ordered and held in stock for immediate replacement, should the Stronguard™ Interceptor be called into action.